Potato Bake Recipe (Information Tips)
Potato bake is one of the favorite dishes with many possible variations. Potato dauphinoise is the oldest type of potato bake that uses a cream base.
The common potato bake does not use a cream base, meaning you will have a casserole that is crispier like on top. Let us look at how to prepare a basic potato bake.
• 2 1/3 cups of milk
• 2.64 pounds of potatoes, that are pilled and sliced
• 2 cups of cheddar cheese that is grated
• ¼ cup or 25 grams of flour, all-purpose
• ¼ of cubed butter
Basic potato bake recipe
1. Heat your oven in advance to 180 degrees; grease slightly the inside of the 2. 5 L baking dish; you can use nonstick spray, oil or butter to do this
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Start by cutting butter into very small cubes and put it on a saucepan. Place the pan on your stove and turn it on to medium heat.
3. The third step is to stir in the flour. Wait for 2 minutes for it to cook until it begins to bubble. Makes sure to avoid scorching at this point by continually stirring your floor
4. Remove the saucepan from the stove and stir milk slowly.
5. Cook the resulting medium over medium heat. Once it starts to boil, place the pan onto the stove and cook the medium until it boils as you stir it frequently.
6. Stir 150 grams or 1 cup of cheese. Remove the saucepan from the stove, take part of the cheese, and stir it.
7. Spread a big share of your potatoes across the bottom of your dish.
8. Season the potatoes with pepper and salt, point a 1/3 of the source over then.
9. With your remaining cheeses, sprinkle it on top. Spread it slowly covering the top part of your potatoes.
10. Bake your potatoes uncovered for a period of 1 hour
11. Allow your potatoes to cool a bit before you serve then.
Follow this simple guide to prepare your potato bake without any struggle, use exact quantities given to achieve the best result